3.12.2006

a light?

I keep using my blog to complain about work, and even I am getting really tired of hearing myself complain about it. I am sick of sending resumes, re-writing objective statements and customizing my cover letter for the umpteenth time. I've almost given up. I think I am a qualified person with many good skills, but I think most employers just want to find someone with the same exact experience they are looking to plug said employee in, and therefore aren't looking for career-changers like myself. I do have a fairly promising interview Wednesday that I am pretty excited about, but no details lest I jinx it. Okay, I don't believe in "jinxing" at all, but I still think it's not helpful for me to think about the ramifications of actually getting a different job right now.

I have thought extensively about the general situation of leaving my current job, and that's unfortunate for a few reasons but great for others. I would really be leaving my immediate supervisor in a jam, and I respect her and like her immensely. We have a lot in common and would be very good friends if we met in other circumstances. I would also be sad to leave a lot of my staff in my store, but there's lots of turnover in restaurants, and few of my employees likely feel as loyal to me as I feel to them, so that can't be a concern. All I know is, I am burned out, and days off and the odd three-day weekend are not helping, so its time to go. I really want out of the food industry, because I think I would be good at many other things, but I've got to convince someone of that. Think positive thoughts for me on Wednesday morning.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, how did it go?

3:57 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

It went great thanks. I hope it went great. I got to learn a lot about the job and talk to a lot of different people there. I really liked all of them as well as the atmosphere of the company. I don't want to get my hopes up at all.. so we'll just wait and see.

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait for more details.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Linda Lautrec said...

I have a new blog about my book called Free Tank of Gas about my various and assorted jobs in Hollywood, etc. I know how hard it is to get work. You might get a a laugh out of my "stapled skirt" story or Herbert's.
Check it out.
Best
Linda

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Bishop bernard jordan said...

This is a wonderful post! Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us! I hope to read more of your post which is very informative and useful to all the readers. I salute writers like you for doing a great job!

Bishop Jordan

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home