10.02.2005

tv time

Seriously, what is wrong with me? Every time I watch Extreme Makeover: Home Edition I start to cry. I mean, even at the start of the show when they talk about these amazing families I get all emotional. Am I a nut or what?

Okay, part deux: I am thinking of getting some sort of iPod. I couldn't think of a good reason to get one before but if I am really going to spend two months in Mexico, I would really like a soundtrack. I recently learned you can get an adaptor and use it in the car too, so that's another selling point. I was thinking about a nano, but then I saw the U2 edition regular iPod and sort of liked that. Okay, any iPod users have any suggestions for me? Thoughts? Recomendations?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, you aren't alone. I cry constantly the whole time I watch that show, and I'm typically not a crier. I love what they are able to do for those families, but it also makes me realize how selfish and ungrateful I am.

Secondly, I recommend the Nano. I have the Ipod Mini and love it, but you might as well go with the smaller one since it holds the same amount of songs and is only $50 more. The U2 one looks cool, but I think it sucks that they only give you a DISCOUNT for the entire U2 collection. If you pay that much extra for the U2 version, I feel like you should automatically get all the U2 songs. I guess I'm just hung up on the principle of it, so you can do whatever you want. These are just my recommendations. :)
The cool thing about the Nano is that it comes in black - Very sleek. :)

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think everyone cries when they watch that show. I have male friends who only cry during Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

Heads up: the October 16 episode is a remodel (or rebuilding) of a camp for disabled and terminally ill children. My boss helped start the camp and just hearing about what they do makes me want to cry.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Lozza said...

Thank goodness i am not the only one who cries over nothing :) Love ur blog by the way :)

11:08 PM  
Blogger allan said...

go with the 60GB, top of the line iPod.
My iPod is the best "thing" i have ever invested in! 2nd comes my $3.59 microwaveable poached egg maker. And 3rd is my bicycle which I bought in S.Africa, took with me to England as my mode of transport and soon became my freedom in Chicago.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home