12.19.2004

I guess this is my entry...

11:30 pm Sunday night. (Many days since last entry. I feel like there may be new people visiting my blog. What will they think when there are no updates for a week. Shameful of me, but things are so busy. Must write now).

First, I can thank my father for definitely the best comment to ever grace my blog - it's also by far the longest - sort of like it's own entry. Hmm.. maybe a blog for Jack Bruss in the new year. Tales from a conservative suburban engineer. Hee hee. Just kidding dad. (See below following entry to read the comment).

Anyway, it's almost Christmas and it's freaking cold outside. I live with some people newly emmigrated from Mexico. A few weeks ago when we were riding the edge of freezing they began commenting that it's cold. I'm a realist, so I thought it best to warn them that this wasn't really that cold. Oh no, it's still coming I told them. Better to be prepared.

It's depressing to me all this cold weather. I like pretty snow, but the year I spent away from the upper Midwestern winter did not bother me one bit. I hate it being mid-December and having January, February and March to "look forward" too. After my birthday in early January it's just freezing February and March, which sounds a bit like a spring month, as does April, but us Wisconsinites know that those are really the worst manic months of winter. A deceptively warm 45-degree day followed by a -20 degree windchill killer.

Anyway, who writes about weather on a blog? Seriously, my brain is overworked from a beating of a weekend at work, a lot of running around finishing Christmas shopping as well as planning the late January wedding reception. =) All fine and good but taxing. I'm looking forward to the coming weekend off, eating and resting a lot, it's going to be good.

Feliz Navidad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

Actually, Laura, I have been thinking about taking the plunge and getting into blogging. I had to open an account (or whatever it's called) here at blogspot to comment on your posts, so I've been thinking that as long as I've gone that far, I should go all the way and write my own stuff.

I wonder whether my brothers would make fun of my musings, but then I remember that they can't or don't read, so that wouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, the hardest part is just getting started, I think, so maybe one of these days, I'll do so.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Ok, Laura - I started my own blog tonight. It's www.Jackgolfer.blogspot.com

It's a little spartan right now, but I hope to make it look a bit better as I go forward.

Dad

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home